Obviously the quality of the reviews matter but it is also important to have a reasonable quantity of reviews. Here are some tips to increase your number of online reviews:
- Follow up sales with an email or phone call to check up on the customer’s satisfaction. This is a great way to get feedback at the same time.
- If you have had a particularly successful long term relationship with someone you can politely ask them to write a testimonial for you, which can also be posted online.
- Be honest. Explain to customers how important online reviews are for your business and ask them to help you out. Most people will be more than happy to do this, especially if they were satisfied with their experience.
- You can offer incentives for online reviews such as a discount on their next purchase or being entered into a prize draw. Be sure to only offer the incentive for making the review not for making a good review – this looks bad and could potentially undermine the credibility of your business.
- Emphasise that the reason you’re asking them to review you is because you value their input.
Don’t waste the reviews you get!
Carefully read over all of the comments and use them to make improvements to your business.