Safety Solutions Rebate Program
The safety solutions rebate program offers small business owners and sole traders up to $500 (excluding GST) for identifying and implementing safety solutions in the workplace.
You can claim the rebate for a range of safety solutions including:
- Safety technologies – such as closed chemical delivery systems, non-slip floors, machine guarding or fall arrest devices
- Safety equipment – such as mechanical lifting aids, patient slides or conveyors
- Workplace safety modifications – such as dangerous goods storage cabinets, guard rails, traffic control markings, ergonomic furniture or ventilation.
The Safety Solutions Rebate Activities Guide also provides a list of possible activities that are likely to qualify for a rebate. The link to this guide is at the bottom of this article.
To qualify for the rebate, you must:
- Be a sole trader or small business owner employing up to 20 full-time workers (or the equivalent)
- Attend a WorkCover safety workshop or have an assistance visit from a WorkCover business advisory officer or inspector
- Claim for solutions implemented from March 2007 onwards
- Submit an application form and copies of your relevant tax invoices. The rebate is provided after the purchase or implementation of an eligible safety improvement.
For more information about the safety solutions rebate call 13 10 50.