Owning and managing a business is never easy. Sometimes bringing a professional in to give you a hand can prove to be one of the best investments you could make. Our team spend every day working one-on-one with business owners just like you and dedicate themselves to ensuring you have the right business strategies in place to improve growth.
Buying a business?
When you’re looking at buying into an existing business, it’s important to separate fantasy from reality and take a look at the cold, hard facts. Be honest with yourself and ask:
- Am I really passionate about this?
- Where will it be in five years’ time?
- Do I know the industry?
- Does it suit my lifestyle?
It’s essential that you do your research, and sometimes bringing in a third party (professionals, like Oculus) can help you avoid buying a lemon. You can never ask too many questions.
Starting a new business?
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don’t have the expertise in the legal or financial aspects of starting a new business, we can help you:
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections and budgets
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Attend to all ATO registrations
- Complete registration procedures with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
With all of that out of the way, you’ll be free to focus on getting your business off the ground.
Budgeting and cash flow
Cash is king! Running out of cash is the biggest cause of business failure. Cash flow and budgeting can help identify the problems before they arise and smooth out cash flow issues. Some common questions you should ask yourself are:
- Can I afford to pay the monthly bills?
- Am I holding too much stock?
- Is my business in a position to expand?
Having us provide you with timely and informative cash flow forecasting enables you to answer these questions and more.
Get professional advice for business planning Gold Coast and beyond
Get your business on track to success by getting in contact with one of our business specialists. Give us a call on 07 5536 7944 or fill out our online contact form today.